Roasted Lamb Ribs
The end result of these tender and juicy ribs will have the meat shrink from the bones, puffing up into soft, tender and very tasty meat. The slightly sweet glaze will leave you wanting more.
- 2 lbs lamb ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- Chicken or Lamb stock
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Trim excess fat from ribs.
- In a large stock pot, arrange onion, carrot and garlic, bay leaf and ribs. Cover with water or chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a slow simmer. Skim off any excess fat that may come to the top during cooking.
- Cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Transfer ribs to a plate. Discard remains of the pot. Ribs can be made 2 days in advance before roasting.
- To roast ribs, preheat oven to 350°C. Cover ribs with glaze. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven until nicely browned, about 1 hour.
- Slice into individual ribs and serve.